Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School

I can't believe it is back to school time! Where has the summer gone?! My niece started her first year of teaching today! She is teaching 2ND grade in Tuscaloosa. The theme of the entire school this year is jungle. I made a few things for her classroom to help her get started!

She has two windows, so I made a simple green and white gingham valance for each one.

Right now this chair is in her apartment. It will soon be in her classroom, so I made this cushion.
I also made 22 of these chair pockets (chair backs). They were so easy to make! I found free directions online. I used a lightweight denim fabric so they would last and not show dirt. She has 17 children in her class right now, so that gives her a few extras.

Of course James and Annamarye wanted one after seeing Lanie's chair pockets. Here's what they picked out:


I have been working on some fall designs I will be posting later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment